Es gibt einen neuen Teamspeak 5 Beta Client. Teamspeak 5 bekommt ihr nun auch als Electron Version im Windows 11 Store als App. Mehr dazu findet ihr bei Computerbase.
Beta 65 Changelog:
Today we have released beta 65 and this update adds the ability to encrypt chats with your contacts.
For now this does not happen automatically and only contacts can be encrypted. In later versions, private rooms and contacts will be encrypted automatically.
Added ability to encrypt private chats with other contacts
Fixed editing the default channel on the server without making any changes
Encryption can be enabled in the context menu of a contact. If you experience issues with encrypted chats please let us know and provide log files. Remove a contact and add them again (and don’t enable encryption again) to resolve issues in the meantime.
… to wait 1-2 days with encryption and give your contacts a chance to update their client or else their older beta client can’t encrypt your messages.
Nice to know
- Encryption was originally added in July, but was only enabled for Alpha Testers and Employees, so it could be that some of your contacts are encrypted already and you never noticed it.
- Wait a minute?!? So it was added in previous versions already, but the old client can not decrypt my messages? Yes we made a drastic and required change to encryption that the older client does not understand.
- The encryption key(s) are synced to your myTS account. The key has the same AES encryption as the rest of the synced part. This means we do not know your key and it will be lost on password reset without the recovery key.
- After a password reset without recovery key (Fallback), encrypted chats that are not in cache already can not be decrypted from your client. In addition to the myTS key cache there is an additional process to share a room key via the messenger protocol. But this requires a online contact that has the required key.
- For contacts that have been added more than a year ago, encryption may fail because you lack permissions. To fix this your contact can start the encryption or you re add the contact and both get admin.
Beta 64 Changelog:
Beta 64 was released into our beta channel.
In this version we added that you can set yourself a custom away message on the TS server.
You find it in the drop down menu which becomes active as soon you connect to one server.
You now can drag and drop your contacts to move them into existing custom categories.
Hint: To create such category make a right click on a contact in the contact list.
- Fixed unread counter not appearing for channel chat
- Fixed not showing mentions, emojis and spoilers properly in Windows notifications
- Fixed channel chat not giving an unread indicator in the activities
- Fixed rare crash on connect
- Fixed teamspeak:// links in channel description not working
- Added drag and drop support to add a contact to an existing category
- Added use privilege key option again which went AWOL
- Added separation line below audio test record option
- Added custom away status feature
- Remove notification bell pulse effect when client is not in focus to reduce
GPU load with current Nvidia drivers
- Updated chromium